- 2 packages (1 pound each) spiral pasta
- four to five large tomato plants, chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 large eco-friendly peppers, chopped
- 2 cans (15 to 16 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound thinly sliced Genoa salami, julienned
- 1 pound sliced pepperoni, julienned
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese, cubed
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1 cup dark wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- two tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups essential olive oil
- Prepare pasta based on package directions. Drain rinse with cold water. In a number of large bowls, combine pasta with next eight ingredients.
- For dressing, pulse vinegar, sugar, oregano, pepper and salt inside a blender. While processing, progressively add oil in a steady flow. Pour over salad toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hrs or overnight.
Like the majority of cooks, I adapted this recipe to include or change ingredients my loved ones likes probably the most. One 16oz. package of small shells was enough when i thought 2 from the spiral pasta would be a bit much. I additionally added a can of kidney beans, hearts of palm and 4 cans of artichoke hearts. The astonishing thing about this recipe may be the dressing. It’s absolutely perfect in tase and amount for any large salad. Used to do change it out to 1T. oregano and 1T. tulsi to impress my Italian husband but apart from that I stored anything else exactly the same. Everybody who eats this salad wants the recipe! Thanks Linda for discussing.
A great recipe which i designed for my Super Bowl party. Very flavorful. It had been a large hit.
This really is scrumptious! I really like adding garbanzo beans. I made use of monterey jack
OMG! Whether it has pasta inside it, it isn’t antipasto. Maybe not necessarily a bad recipe for any PASTA salad, but please alter the name. Thanks.
Wow was this salad simple to make & so great! I made use of mozzarella rather of provolome, however it still switched out great. Would defintiely make again & it is simple to decline in half for any smaller sized serving.
Exactly what a “crowd pleaser” !
So great! Used to do quarter the recipe since it is only the 2 people. Did not add beans or olives however i did add marinated mushrooms (quartered), and marinated artichokes (quartered). Also things on the great antipasti platter. Loved the meat and cheese! I additionally used fresh moz I needed to consume.
Favorite picnic salad – LOVE the dressing! Overlooked the beans and black olives. Sprinkled with shredded Parmesan.