- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Mozzarella dairy product
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups 4% cottage type cheese
- 4 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh tulsi, optional
- Prepare spaghetti based on package directions. Meanwhile, inside a large skillet, prepare beef and onion over medium heat until meat is not pink drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt put aside.
- Inside a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Mozzarella dairy product and butter. Drain spaghetti increase egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place 1 / 2 of the spaghetti mixture inside a greased 13×9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish. Top with 1 / 2 of the cottage type cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover bake until cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes longer. If preferred, sprinkle with tulsi.
Excellent recipe. Used to do add extra half jar of sauce plus in regards to a half cup of pasta water. I additionally, sauteed three cloves of fresh garlic clove with onion and meat also it sampled great.
Designed for dinner this eve: quick, filling, good! The next time I’ll keep covered whole baking time when i discovered I do not take care of crunchy pasta. Phyllis, why on the planet be so nasty? That isn’t only an unnecessarily ugly words (screaming) however the test is confusing. No where will the poster – or ToH – make use of the word Italia within this writeup. Although it does use things that are usually viewed as “Italian” they are so ubiquitous that lots of these components are utilized in things decidedly not Italian. With Italian food, as with every foods, there’s a 1000 methods for making exactly the same dish – it is the pleasure of cooking, having the ability to place your own stamp onto it. Lighten, lady!
I’ve chose to make this a couple of occasions now which is great. My boyfriend HATES cottage type cheese to the stage it provides him the dry heaves. The very first time I managed to get I needed to hide the cottage type cheese container making it as he wasn’t within the room. He ate it and loved it – HA! I Then told him it’d cottage type cheese inside it. He still wants it. As others have commented, it will create a lot – enough for 2 pans. I actually do add some extra sauce therefore it is not as dry so when I’ve leftovers I’ll then add sauce on top because it can dry up just a little within the refrigerator.
I chose to make this each morning and stored it within the fridge to bake at night. Excellent! I suppose it might freeze well, unbaked. You actually need an in-depth pan with this. The next time I’ll use 2 jars of sauce since it really will get drenched up fast! Just recipe!
Let me get this to for any girls’ weekend – will it be frozen after which thawed? thanks
All of us loved the flavour of the dish also it had enough meat and sauce for all of us overall. Used to do feel it had become a tad too dry whenever we reached the perimeters from the pan however i did not wish to open another jar of sauce. It simply did not quite cover the whole dish equally.
I chose to make this for any lunch meeting of senior single ladies and almost everybody had seconds! Used to do use a little more sauce. Certainly entering my recipe file!
Scrumptious! My only complaint is the fact that I felt 1 jar of sauce wasn’t quite enough because the dish appeared to absorb the sauce. I’ll increase the the next time.
I had been VERY reluctant while using cottage type cheese but I must say this really is most likely the very best baked spaghetti I’ve ever made. it had been creamy, scrumptious and incredibly filling. The only real change(s) I made ended up being to use 1-1/2 jars of sauce and added a Tbsp . of prepared pesto towards the sauce (labeled only “marinara”)