This publish could have affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy Cheesy Taters are certain to be a favorite side dish within your house. Tender taters inside a short-cut cheese sauce are baked until golden and bubbly!
This potato casserole will elevate any meal right into a feast. Serve this wealthy, savory side dish with glazed pork, baked chicken legs or roasted pork tenderloin.
Cheesy Potato Ingredients
As the apparent component is taters we add plenty of cheddar cheese, sour cream, butter, soup, and eco-friendly onions finish out this straightforward dish.
You are able to vary these components to fit your taste or use that which you dress in hands.
- Cheese: I’ve found that cheddar cheese creates the best sauce most abundant in flavor, particularly if you use extra-sharp however a nice swiss or perhaps your fave cheese works all right!
- Taters: Almost any type of taters is useful for this recipe.
- In a rush? Use country style hash browned taters instead of boiling your personal taters.
- Choose thin skinned taters (like Yukon gold or red taters) and skip the peeling
- Canned Soup: Use any type of condensed “cream of” canned soup within this recipe. I really like using homemade condensed mushroom soup to manage the salt.
If you wish to help make your cheesy potato bake much more of a 1-pot meal, then go on and give a cup or more of diced pork or some poached chicken breasts (or leftover roast chicken). Even hamburger could be great within this casserole!
Steps to make Cheesy Taters (with real taters)
This casserole recipe is a straightforward variation of scalloped taters, however with diced taters and needs less prep because of a simple-to-make sauce. Here’s how easy it’s to create cheesy taters within the oven:
- Boil the diced potatoes until tender.
- Melt the butter and blend within the remaining ingredients. Avoid wasting cheese to sprinkle on the top.
- Combine all of the ingredients together, such as the cooked taters, and transfer to some greased casserole dish.
- Top with the rest of the cheese and bake until bubbling and browned.
Don’t cover these cheesy taters while baking. You would like the very best to obtain golden brown.
Not prepared to bake it yet? Cheesy taters could keep within the refrigerator for just two-three days before baking. So get this to dish extra easy if you take proper care of all of the set-up yesterday! Just pop them within the oven following a recipe and you’re prepared to enjoy.
Are You Able To Freeze Cheesy Potato Casserole?
Cheesy taters emerge from the oven tender and scrumptious! You may make and bake this casserole in advance and freeze it too. Or, freeze the leftovers, should there be any!
Permit this to dish thaw before baking at 400F for around an hour, or until piping hot and also the cheese is nicely browned.