Help make your own all-purpose fajita seasoning aware of just 6 fundamental spices! You should use our homemade fajita seasoning recipe on chicken, steak, veggies, in soup and much more.
Steps to make Fajita Seasoning
Ditch the shop-bought fajita seasoning packet making your personal in your own home! I really like making fajita anything within my kitchen, however i always forget to get a fajita packet in the supermarket. Like, there’s nothing worse when you’re going to have chicken fajitas and and you’ve got no chicken fajita seasoning in your own home to make use of. No fear, making your personal fajita spice mix in your kitchen is really simple! You’ll need 6 fundamental spices, along with a cute little jar to accommodate your spice mix.
Like I pointed out above, you simply need 6 different spices to create a fundamental homemade fajita seasoning. Odds are, you have these inside your cabinet, too!
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- garlic clove powder
Mix your fajita seasoning together in a tiny bowl. This is actually the step when you are able exponentially increase the recipe to be able to convey more later on!
Spice Tip: I needed to say this specific recipe isn’t super spicy. If you want lots of spice, you are able to your paprika by 1/2 to at least one teaspoon!
I love to save old spice jars just in situation I wish to make my very own mix such as this one! Should you don’t have spice jars lounging around, you could store your fajita seasoning inside a plastic baggie!
Spice Jars We Like
In situation you’re looking for some cute spice jars for homemade spice mixes, take a look at a number of my top picks below! They’re super affordable and over time, you’ll finish up saving cash particularly if you purchase your fundamental spices in large quantities!
Fajita Seasoning Ideas and tips
I figured I’d provide a couple of useful tips and hints with regards to our homemade fajita seasoning! Why? Well, everybody includes a slightly different pallette and there are plenty of various ways this can be used scrumptious mix!
- Increase the heat! This fajita seasoning is mild. No fear, this may be easily fixed! Increase the paprika or perhaps another hot spice for example red pepper cayenne.
- Flavor soup: make use of this seasoning to provide your chili or taco soup additional flavor!
- Spice rub: this can be used fajita mix like a spice rub for all kinds of meat for example chicken, beef, carnitas, or shrimp. Provide your meat a pleasant pat lower and let take about twenty minutes before cooking your chosen method.
- DIY tortilla chips: available our very own toritlla chips? This spice mix could be so tasty sprinkled on the top of chips!
- Roasted veggies: if you’re a roasted veggie girl much like me, you’d die using the flavor this seasoning gives your veggies. Follow our tutorial for the way to roast sweet taters, but make use of this spice mix rather!