Greet COLOR, Green spinach Strawberry Salad style! Whether you’ll need a healthy lunch or are searching for any salad to create to some party that—this is critical—people really wish to eat, this Green spinach Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing and Feta may be the recipe for you personally!
Strawberry Green spinach Salad is my unofficial begin to spring because—and I believe it’s important that we’re honest about this—a March or early-April spring isn’t a real factor whenever you reside in top of the Midwest.
Gradually, however, my little yard turns greener, and that i notice my salad cravings shifting from warm toppings such as the lentils and roasted vegetables within this Lentil Salad with Roasted Cauliflower or even the sauted taters within this Pea Salad to people that are clearly lighter and better: bananas, poppy seeds, feta.
Another catalyst in my subjective begin to “spring” (and i’m not extending its love to pretend that i’m ashamed relating to this): the Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad at Panera returns. Oh happy day!
Today’s healthy Green spinach Strawberry Salad is gateway food. It’s a starter to spring (or perhaps a continuation from it if you’re fortunate enough to reside in a place where spring arrives promptly).
It’s a starter to salad skeptics. Sweet berries, toasted pecans, creamy feta, along with a lovely honey balsamic poppy seed dressing alllow for a simple transition to leafy vegetables, even when salad isn’t usually something typically pile voluntarily on your plate.
And it’s a starter or s >
Steps to make the very best Ever Strawberry Green spinach Salad
Think about this recipe much more of a variable, go-with-the-flow starter than the usual strict script.
I’ve incorporated the components and amounts to create a stellar Green spinach Strawberry Salad for any crowd, however, you can switch them up to fit your preference or keep things all new and fresh whenever you return to allow it to be again. Listed here are a couple of ideas.
- Green spinach. Green spinach and bananas are classic together and a very good choice. For any peppery twist, use a mix of half arugula, half green spinach.
- Bananas. Purchase the juiciest, ripest fruit you’ll find. To alter up, try mixing in almost any mixture of particularly, raspberries, dried cranberries, or mandarin oranges.
- Toasted Pecans. The required crunchy element that not good salad should do without. Not into pecans? Try swapping slivered almonds or chopped walnuts. Whatever nuts you select, be certain to toast them first—it means they are crisp and 1,000x more flavorful.
Working around a nut allergy? Try toasted sunflower seeds.
- Feta. The important thing to some truly satisfying, not-salad salad would be to add a little creaminess, and cheese was created for this. Additionally to mild feta, I enjoy Green spinach Strawberry Salad with goat cheese. It’s extra decadent and tangy.
Regardless of whether you choose feta or goat cheese, purchase a block from it (or perhaps in the situation of goat cheese, certainly one of individuals cute little logs), and crumble yourself to it.
I understand the tubs of cheese crumbles are temping, however they fail miserably within the creamy department since they’re coated inside a starchy powder to ensure that they’re from caking together. Believe Me HERE. If you are planning to include cheese for your salad, why don’t you make certain that cheese is lusciously creamy?
- Red Onion. To own salad an amiable bite and it from being too sweet.
RED ONION TIP: When you’re using red onions raw as with this Green spinach Strawberry Salad recipe, soak them in water first. This preserves the onions’ flavor but removes the tough (and stubbornly lingering) aftertaste.
Let’s Talk Poppy Seed Dressing
After I crave Green spinach Strawberry Salad, I crave Green spinach Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing. Maybe it’s the Panera factor, however i think about the two together a bundle deal to become accepted.
The poppy seeds feel cheery and add micro pops of texture too!
As opposed to a creamy dressing, this Green spinach Strawberry Salad requires a poppy seed vinaigrette created using balsamic vinegar and honey for any couple of reasons:
- Balsamic and strawberry are divine together.
- The acidity from the dressing adds a pleasant balance.
- I usually have balsamic vinegar within my kitchen.
- It’s FAST.
The 2 finest barriers to creating your personal vinaigrette on your own are some time and ingredients. That one takes seconds, and you’ve got all you need to allow it to be inside your kitchen at this time.
Because the recipe is presented, this salad is ideal for a vibrant side or starter.
If you’d enjoy making this Green spinach Strawberry Salad a complete meal, try adding grilled chicken or shredded chicken (see: easy tutorial for the way to prepare shredded chicken or Instant Pot Chicken).
For hearty vegetarian option, take a look at my Strawberry Farro Salad.